Become our sponsor and display your banner here

49th West Riding Division MK2 Helmet

Article about: Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this one. I have already shown it to Tinlid via private message. I think it looks ok, but would be interested to hear further opini

Default 49th West Riding Division MK2 Helmet

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on this one. I have already shown it to Tinlid via private message. I think it looks ok, but would be interested to hear further opinions. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6941.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	318.7 KB 
ID:	742076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6942.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	742077  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6943.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	305.3 KB 
ID:	742078  

Looks a nice lid James, but hard to comment with any authority from just these pics, but I think it is worth a punt if not too expensive.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry. I understand that an in hands inspection is probably best for such a thing. Although to me it looks quite good. I got it in a lot of other helmets so I don't really have much in it at all.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thanks Jerry. I understand that an in hands inspection is probably best for such a thing. Although to me it looks quite good. I got it in a lot of other helmets so I don't really have much in it at all.
    If the price was good then you can't go wrong James, as I posted it looks good but a sharper well lit piccy would be good. As you already have it perhaps you could post a better pic sometime. Unit flashed helmets like this command a premium price these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi James, the only thing I would add from my German helmet "expertise" is that whenever us German collectors see intentional rubbing /sanding etc across a decal we suspect the worse as it is more often than not a sign that somebody has tried to artificially age a decal and hide any flaws it may have shown. As said, I think an in hand would be a must. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway