Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

5th Division badged Mk II helmet

Article about: I can't say I am entirely happy about this Mk II helmet sporting the flash of the 5th Division, it really looks like it has been heavily faked, still I am wondering about the sage green pain

Default 5th Division badged Mk II helmet

I can't say I am entirely happy about this Mk II helmet sporting the flash of the 5th Division, it really looks like it has been heavily faked, still I am wondering about the sage green painting that is visible under the sand painting coating: what kind of Mk II could have been painted this colour? I was not able to find any markings on the shell, liner is dated 1939 but I can't really say whether it's original to the tin lid or not... what's your opinion, gents?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 5th Division badged Mk II helmet   5th Division badged Mk II helmet  

5th Division badged Mk II helmet   5th Division badged Mk II helmet  

5th Division badged Mk II helmet   5th Division badged Mk II helmet  

5th Division badged Mk II helmet  

SMP
    ?

Not a helmet I would want

Repainted homefront helmet in grey green originally that appears to have been pimped, perhaps by a reenactor though once these things change hands they then can be sold as original to the more trusting collector.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, you are correct that this helmet has been messed with. Clearly a modern fine "nozzle" spray paint job, with "tooling" marks to attempt to age it. Leon.

just a pity the home front helmet could have not been left with its original paint and all, its a nice early WWII exemplar, after all...