Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

Article about: Hello Ade, Here's a post war Turtle given to me by a friend who found it in a garage. Mk IV 1954, manufactured by CCL. Do you know who CCL were? Cheers, Guy.

Picked up today, MKIII with a 1943 dated liner, though the 3 is not very clear in the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

just beautifull J ,well done sir ,i love the patina which is echoed on the inner shell ,a great purchase
    Regards James

Nice one Jerry, CCL liner and BMB shell??

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Nice one Jerry, CCL liner and BMB shell??
    I can't find any markings on the shell yet, but not really had much chance to give it a look over, only just got the pics as the light started to go.
    Regards,

Jerry

The method of joining the ends of the rim trim suggests a BMB shell and the liner does appear to be a CCL as stated by Mads.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

A nice early Mk3, as the first ones were painted khaki green. Before the more common dark brown.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A nice early Mk3, as the first ones were painted khaki green. Before the more common dark brown.
    It is a green example with textured paint and an early one from the liner. It has two cracks in the shell, both in the same location either side of it, perhaps another sign of an early example as they look to be stress fractures and might be due to them not having quite sorted out the manufacturing process, though that is supposition on my part.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice early Mk.III.

Congratulations!

Cheers!
    Taka

My mkIII the one I posted that was on eBay is dated 1944 made by Ro & co liner dated 1943 made by FFL (I really need to get my own pics for it). Also Jerry that is a very nice mk111
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Nice Mk III Jerry I am still on the hunt for one to add to my collection of turtles.

Regards Mark

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast