Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up about 15 years ago as it was only about £10 from a car boot stall but I know little about it's age etc. I've looked for any markings but can't find any except for t

Default Adrian Helmet

Hi guys,

I picked this up about 15 years ago as it was only about £10 from a car boot stall but I know little about it's age etc. I've looked for any markings but can't find any except for the '28'(?) on the liner. The badge looks like a modern copy to me.

Cheers, Tom
    Adrian HelmetAdrian HelmetAdrian HelmetAdrian HelmetAdrian HelmetAdrian Helmet

Well, quite straightforward really, it is a French M26, in service from the 1930s to the early 1950s, also used by a handful of other countires as an export item. The chinstrap and liner look good (as in as original) to me, but the badge does look a bit shonky, especially as it looks like a terrible fit. See here for lots more interesting pics - M26 Helmets . Good example really, £10 even fifteen years back was a rather good buy. See also FRANCS 26

Hi Greg, thanks, I thought it was but wanted confirmation from someone in the know! Are there not normally markings on these then? The liner has some kind of horse(?) hair around the band. Also, is the '28'(?) a size?

Cheers,

Tom