Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian Helmet - Bulgarian finally

Article about: Not sure which forum to put this one on! Got this last Sunday. Didn't know the history of the helmet, what with the liner affixed with 3 big brass rivets, and the dubious Imperial Russian ba

Default Adrian Helmet - Bulgarian finally

Not sure which forum to put this one on!
    Got this last Sunday. Didn't know the history of the helmet, what with the liner affixed with 3 big brass rivets, and the dubious Imperial Russian badge. Google has shown me that the helmet ended up with the Bulgarians, with the liner having the ink stamp*DVF in Cyrillic, the liner being WW2 I believe.
    I assume that the badge is a fake - from what I can see the badges were removed by the Bulgarians. The colours on the badge and the tabs (pictured) are interesting though, and the badge seems to have been on a good while peering behind it with its shadow on the paint.
    I liked the colour and sheen of the helmet - but the original paint appears to be lightish green.
    Can anyone add more?
    Cheers,
    Tony
    Adrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finallyAdrian Helmet - Bulgarian finally

I can't add very much other than the Russian, Serbian and Belgian ones came in Khaki originally. The Roumanian ones were made in Greyish blue.
    The inside of yours does look a greyish blue on screen but it may just be the light or calibration.
    The badge staples do look like they have been fitted a long time. Is it possible to lift them a little and see what colour, if any, is underneath ?

I have the Serbian Version at the bottom of this link French Helmet?