Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian helmet with German decals

Article about: Not mine, found in a house clearance it appears to be a Adrian with German decals, did such thing ever happen or is it pure fantasy,there are a few more pieces iv`e posted up for him, i know

Default Adrian helmet with German decals

Not mine, found in a house clearance it appears to be a Adrian with German decals, did such thing ever happen
    or is it pure fantasy,there are a few more pieces iv`e posted up for him, i know valuation is not possible but authentic would be a big help for him.
    [/ATTACH]Adrian helmet with German decalsAdrian helmet with German decalsAdrian helmet with German decalsAdrian helmet with German decalsAdrian helmet with German decals

- - ------- - -

sorry about last two images they are another piece he found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian helmet with German decals   Adrian helmet with German decals  

For what my opinion is worth on anything German these days the eagle decal looks fine, though why it was used on an Adrian is unclear, but it is known the Germans used lots of captured helmets and other kit from other countries.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A strange one no doubt, luftwaffe too.

Not sure wether to take a pop with this one and source an original liner.

Hi, as it is the early pattern Luftwaffe "droop tail" decal I very much doubt that it is original. There were plenty of Imperial WW1 helmets available in the early period Reich before the M35 was manufactured, and those were indeed used and decaled in this configuration. For me it's a no. Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 09-30-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks folks, ive decided to give this one a miss, although interesting it just is not floating my boat.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Thanks folks, ive decided to give this one a miss, although interesting it just is not floating my boat.
    A wise decision, I cannot think of a single reason why Herr Hitler would have ever allowed his troops to use such a symbolically strong French item, bearing in mind the humiliation he "perceived" was dished out at Versailles. Conquered nations such as the Polish, Czech's etc did have their equipment re-used, especially by the likes of the Luftschutz. But this is a real "fantasy" item in my eye's. Leon.

I agree with Leon!....

There were/are lots of original but unused decals out there. Am guessing someone decided to have some fun and maybe at the same time do some trolling for unaware collectors and make himself some extra money...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."