Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet

Article about: Hi All, This is another helmet purchased by my grandfather from Unique Imports Inc. The US based company is no more, as it merged with CollectorsArmory.com and now they just make repros for

Default Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet

Hi All,
    This is another helmet purchased by my grandfather from Unique Imports Inc. The US based company is no more, as it merged with CollectorsArmory.com and now they just make repros for collectors, the military and hollywood(they never returned my email...). I have the original catalog and will scan and post when I get time.

This is my MK2 Brit paratrooper helmet. BMB dated 1944. The catalog described these as "British type paratrooper helmet worn by the famed 'Red Devils'". The liner and chin strap look good but are they original? And it appears to have been painted an ugly green. I can see pitting and signs of the original paint. Should I restore by removing the recent paint? Please advise, and thank you to everyone here. This is a most useful site!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet   Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet  

Default Re: Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet

All totally original bar that awful external green paint. It would be well worth carefully removing this.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Advice Needed for Brit MK2 Para Helmet

Thank you Adrian!

Let's just call that awful color: "Unique Imports Green", as they painted my adrian helmet this color as well...

I will search this forum for threads on restoration and post the pictures as soon as I'm finished!