MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

AFS helmet

Article about: Here are some pictures of my AFS helmet, not in brilliant conditon but one of my favourite home front helmets. I got it from a family firend about over 25 years ago, and it had been in their

?

Default AFS helmet

Here are some pictures of my AFS helmet, not in brilliant conditon but one of my favourite home front helmets.

I got it from a family firend about over 25 years ago, and it had been in their shed since the war. The paint is only about 50% there but is has a hand painted AFS bagde on the front. Shell is a JSS 1939, the liner is early liner with the pads riveted but no manufacturer stamp that I can find, it is pretty dry so I don't want to pull it about too much.

I never seen another like it or many other AFS helmets. Does any body have any the can show?
    Steve

AFS helmetAFS helmetAFS helmetAFS helmetAFS helmet

?

Default Re: AFS helmet

That is a fantastically rare helmet
    Well done.
    Aaron

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: AFS helmet

Now that is a bit special!Superb.
    Look what youve gone and done, got Tinlid all hot under the collar!!

Seriously that is very, very nice.Hats off to the AFS/NFS...

Good site here.. WW2 Fire Brigades

*Edit.JSS=Joseph Sankey&sons.*

Love it.

?

Thanks for the comments gents, and thanks for the link NCA, AFS/NFS helmets would make great collection if you could get them.

I'm going back to the UK for Christmas and Santa is bringing me a copy of 'Fires Were Started' a 1942 film about the AFS and some home front books that aren't available in the US.
    Steve.

NCA
    ?

No problem.I'll have to do a thread with my NFS gear sometime...
    I recently picked up a little booklet about NFS drills, regulations, equipment and helmet markings.