Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

AFS MkII helmet with neck guard

Article about: Here I have an Auxiliary Fire Service helmet. It comes equipped with a neck guard that attaches to the brow of the helmet and is dated 1939. The helmet is manufactured by RO.Co (Rubery Owen)

Default AFS MkII helmet with neck guard

Here I have an Auxiliary Fire Service helmet. It comes equipped with a neck guard that attaches to the brow of the helmet and is dated 1939. The helmet is manufactured by RO.Co (Rubery Owen) and is dated 1939 and the liner is manufactured by J.C.S & W Ltd (J Conpton Sons and WebB Ltd) size 7 3/4 and the year I assume is 1938/9 due to the year not stamped on the liner properly. There is a WB stamped into the helmet next to RO.Co does anyone know what this stands for? Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AFS MkII helmet with neck guard   AFS MkII helmet with neck guard  

AFS MkII helmet with neck guard   AFS MkII helmet with neck guard  

AFS MkII helmet with neck guard   AFS MkII helmet with neck guard  

AFS MkII helmet with neck guard  

?

A nice rare helmet with the Mk1 anti-gas curtain. The number or letters by the maker name/date will be the steel batch number.

Found this poster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AFS MkII helmet with neck guard  

superb example ,the curtain is in excellent condition too ,you have a real nice collection of mkII's , thanks for sharing them with us
    cheers james

Haven't finished putting all my MkIIs up yet. The next lot are a mix of army and unknowns.

SMP
    ?

Very nice ! A rare combination.