Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

amazing new pick up

Article about: 1941 stamped lid. Annoyed from this ads?   From what I can see the lugs seem to be stamped 1940. There is no date on the lining. The netting has melded onto the metal. I suspect that th

Default amazing new pick up

1941 stamped lid.

From what I can see the lugs seem to be stamped 1940.

There is no date on the lining.

The netting has melded onto the metal. I suspect that this has happened in storeage. So in other words , a portion of the netting it still affixed to the exterior of the helmet until this day, as the photo shows, you can see a tuft of what is left.

This is a 100% genuine netted helmet, which is self evident.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture amazing new pick up   amazing new pick up  

amazing new pick up   amazing new pick up  

amazing new pick up  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture amazing new pick up   amazing new pick up  

amazing new pick up   amazing new pick up  

maker makerd ..... i brought from family just today , her father has alsimers and in rest home so , thats only info i have

Has the remaining netting been painted over?

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    no it seems to been from heat or pressure packed away some were hot or from the heat of the sun ? as there seems to be signs of heat bubbling around the lid as well . desert sun plus left on steel lots of heat

Nice find!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    It looks like it has, odd otherwise and hard to explain how this would happen.

Whatever, an absolutely stunning lid, a top quality item.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

nice find are we sure this is netting and not hessian sacking ?also the liner has been removed at some point judging by the reversed liner bolt ,thanks for sharing ,james
    Regards James

Interesting lid!...

Quote by James C View Post
    nice find are we sure this is netting and not hessian sacking ?also the liner has been removed at some point judging by the reversed liner bolt ,thanks for sharing ,james
    yes you are right it is hessian sacking , and the only thing i can think of to cause this is its had other lids stacked on top , here is a 1942 dated origainal i have
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture amazing new pick up  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast