Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

AMAZING provenance....

Article about: So I posted this helmet a few days ago. 40 bucks, it's a pagst from the early 80's with a Major's rank and paratrooper set up. Cool. The guy had the owners name and said he was in Afghanista

Default AMAZING provenance....

So I posted this helmet a few days ago. 40 bucks, it's a pagst from the early 80's with a Major's rank and paratrooper set up. Cool. The guy had the owners name and said he was in Afghanistan for a few rounds and that's all he knew. Well a quick google search was all I needed... Currently a brigadier general in the US army and deputy to commanding general of the armed forces. Pretty incredible that I own this helmet from his earlier days. He ran missions that were pretty crucial. Guy Sands-Pingot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Seller is still trying to find the colonels desert cover, and I'm praying he does so I can display it proudly. One of my best pickups yet. AMAZING provenance....AMAZING provenance....AMAZING provenance....AMAZING provenance....AMAZING provenance....

?

Default Re: AMAZING provenance....

Wow that is cool it is always cool to find items with provenance. I find it interesting that he is wearing Canadian wings

I'm still researching missions he took part in, perhaps something significant with Canadian forces?

?

Have you tried to find any pictures of him wearing the helmet

I googled a few pages of images, but most are him with speeches or similar to this pose. It would need to be from the mid 80's, but I'm dying to keep searching.

The reason he has Canadian wing is because he qualified with the Canadian force.
    We used to do that with the German military when I was over there mostly to get one of their lanyards very nice.
    once you get them you can wear them on your uniform.
    chris

Very helpful, thanks chris!

?

I know they could earn foreign awards I remember hearing a lot about the cords in the 50s 60s that us forces could wear. I would be interested in knowing what he did to earn those wings if possible

There's a whole awards section on the Wikipedia page

5 or 7 jumps can not remember.
    my cousin got a pair of wings with the Chad Military when he was station at the embassy 5 jumps
    chris