Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another new MKII, home front for a district warden

Article about: Here’s a district warden helmet I picked up at a car boot today. It’s dated 1938 on the liner and helmet, was originally green, then the top was painted black and then at some stage painted

?

Default Another new MKII, home front for a district warden

Here’s a district warden helmet I picked up at a car boot today. It’s dated 1938 on the liner and helmet, was originally green, then the top was painted black and then at some stage painted white.

Got it for a good price too.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another new MKII, home front for a district warden   Another new MKII, home front for a district warden  

Another new MKII, home front for a district warden   Another new MKII, home front for a district warden  

Another new MKII, home front for a district warden   Another new MKII, home front for a district warden  

?

That's a really nice one,made by William Dobson & sons.
    As we have been saying on other threads, Mk2's painted khaki green smooth paint inside & out were issued to the ARP, Fire & other home front services.
    Yours would most likely have been repainted black sometime from early to mid 1939 onwards, is there another W under the one there?

Very nice example.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Aaron and Ade.

No I can't see or feel a W underneath, is that a bad thing?

Quote by ynot View Post
    Thanks Aaron and Ade.

No I can't see or feel a W underneath, is that a bad thing?
    Hi, a nice helmet in good condition. I do not see an issue with it being as it is. Not all Wardens etc had "promotions" and repainted their helmets accordingly. This one was probably just in the ARP stores as a plain black and then painted and issued straight to the District Warden. Leon.

?

Thanks Leon.

There's a bit of white paint coming through under one W but I can't make out any lumps and bumps from a painted W underneath the black.

Tony

?

No problem with nothing under the paint, but these helmets had lots of upgrades.
    From diamonds to thicker black bands.

Very nice wardens MKII Tony

Matt

?

That's good news, I was starting to get a bit panicky.

Tony