Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet

Article about: I thought I would share these images from this Anzac Day. The 2nd/48th boys were quite happy to sign this helmet for my collection. There are only a few left ( all in their 90s ) and I thoug

?

Default Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet

I thought I would share these images from this Anzac Day. The 2nd/48th boys were quite happy to sign this helmet for my collection. There are only a few left ( all in their 90s ) and I thought it important to my collection of 2nd/48th memorabilia to add something a bit different.
    Bill and Dean are original Rats Of Tobruk, still going strong 75 years later.
    The helmet is a light desert colour on the left side and light green on the right, depicting the boys journey from Tobruk to Tarakan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet   Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet  

Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet   Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet  

Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet   Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet  

Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet  

Fantastic! what a privilege!! Thanks for sharing! What a piece to have in your collection! Top Shelf!

?

Great Job!!!!! I hope you were able to record your conversations with these Gent's so that their memorize will be kept for those that did not have the privilege.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Forwards the Croweaters!

?

I have interviewed all these men over the last 30 years, glad I did, great stories.
    Photo shows Dean Adams SX6837 "C" Coy. on the left, just before the El Alamein battle.
    Dean is the first bloke signing the helmet. Dean was in "Tex" Westons Platoon. Tex was one of the most highly decorated AIF soldiers of the Middle East.
    This is a painting I had done of Tex.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet   Anzac Day 2016 2nd/48th Commemorative Helmet  

I am not usually in favour of modern repainted souvenir helmets, but in this case well done and what a thing to have had signed by the vets.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Can't say more but wow!!

Brilliant ,Well Done

Brilliant work my friend, and great to see the vets enjoying a great remembrance day service. Leon.