Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Desert Camo Flashed Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, Today I wanted to share my first Scottish regiment WWII flashed helmet. It just arrived in the mail two days ago, but I was only able to find time to picture it yesterday. Th

Default Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Desert Camo Flashed Helmet

Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to share my first Scottish regiment WWII flashed helmet. It just arrived in the mail two days ago, but I was only able to find time to picture it yesterday. The helmet is an original desert painted camo helmet and is flashed to the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. The helmet has its original liner and is 1940 dated. Its chinstrap is present although broken and warn out. The original flash is in good condition and stands out on the helmet. I personally believe that because of its date and painted camo, it could have been used in the North African Campaign. The top of the helmet is a bit scratched up, but I personally like the look. From late 1940, the 1st Battalion Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders fought in the Western Desert Campaign, Crete, Abyssinia, and then onto Sicily and the Italian Campaign.

I've been searching for WWII Scottish Helmets (to any Scottish regiment) for a while now, but they are all so rare, and almost never pop up. I probably won't see another WWII Scottish helmet to any regiment for a while, so I was really happy to obtain this helmet. I will always on the lookout for more Scottish regiment helmets to add to my collection, but I was very happy to obtain my first one. I don't have that many helmets British/Canadian in my collection as of yet, but for the time being I can definitely say that this is my new favorite helmet in my collection.

Attachment 1071823Attachment 1071824Attachment 1071825Attachment 1071826Attachment 1071827Attachment 1071828Attachment 1071829Attachment 1071830Attachment 1071831Attachment 1071832

SMP
    ?

It is not one I would have bought, but let's hear other opinions .

SMP
    ?

It is also featured here:

Page 1

The new ebay money maker

It'd be interesting to know the source...if that's information you'd share.....

I'm unable to comment ('don't do military MkIIs)....but sadly there's a lot of re-touched MkIIs for sale over here....and a handful of sellers appear to be a common denominator....I can only assume that they're really good at tracking down the rarities.......

?

I did see this one for sale, and I wouldn't have bought it either.

?

This one is for sale at the moment, and, another I wouldn't buy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Desert Camo Flashed Helmet   Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Desert Camo Flashed Helmet  

SMP
    ?

I wouldn't buy that one either, Aaron.

BTW when Aaron says he wouldn't buy something, it is wise to listen to him IMO !

CBH
    ?

Well welcome to forum either way, you're come top the right place.

'Good point CBH....welcome Blackwatch1945.....'bit of a baptism of fire....but welcome aboard anyway

Uh oh...

It is a fake? It looked OK to me and came from a trusted seller, alliedandaxis militaria. I've bought from him before and I know he's sold other Scottish helmets in the past, and still has some. I was not aware this thing was originally from eBay, he said it was from his collection but he said he decided to let it go. I spent including shipping, a little over 700 GBP on this one, and thought it was for sure authentic. I knew there were fakes of the Scots Guards but this one looked OK to me... Thanks for your help everyone, it looks like I'll have to surely return it. Is alliedaxis militaria a reputable dealer for helmets and such?
    Last edited by BlackWatch1945; 05-05-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast