Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Artillery helmets

Article about: Have opened a new topic on my site, for this I am looking for photographs of RA,CRA,US and POLISH RA helmets with decals, so if you have any around, please contact me.

Default Re: Artillery helmets

Here’s a lid from the Winnipeg Grenadiers. What makes this one a bit interesting is there are two decals on it. There is a first one that was painted over green, and a second put over top. You can just slightly see the outline of the first decal.
    Although mostly known as an infantry regiment, while stationed in Jamaica guarding POWs, they were converted to an artillery unit in 1940. Mortars I believe.
    Then they had the luck of being assigned defense of Hong Kong with the Royal Regiment…and both were decimated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery helmets   Artillery helmets  

Artillery helmets   Artillery helmets  

Attached Images Attached Images Artillery helmets 

Default Re: Artillery helmets

sorry..I said Royal Regiment..I should have said Royal Rifles.
    My apologies.

Men of the 428 Battery, Coast Defence Artillery remove the charge from safety containers. Dover, Kent, December, 1942.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery helmets  

Here is one of the two RA helmets I own...the other is currently loaned to a friend for his WWII display. This one use to have what looks like a Royal Engineers decal over top that has, for the most part, flaked away.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery helmets   Artillery helmets  

?

Default WW1 Canadian Corp Heavy Artillery Brodie

A recent addition to my WW1 CEF collection...........unfortunately no chinstrap, but still in pretty good shape. Cheers, Keith

"Heavy Batteries RGA were equipped with heavy guns, sending large calibre high explosive shells in fairly flat trajectory fire.The usual armaments were 60 pounder (5 inch) guns, although some had obsolescent 5 inch howitzers. As British artillery tactics developed, the Heavy Batteries were most often employed in destroying or neutralising the enemy artillery, as well as putting destructive fire down on strongpoints, dumps, store, roads and railways behind enemy lines." .....The Long, Long Trail website

Artillery helmets  

?

Moderator, please move post #15 to WW1 Allies forum, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2