Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?

Article about: Hey folks id like to share my paratrooper helmets. well what i have so far, and hopefully it will grow :P. I have 1 British and 3 Australian helmets. I'm not to sure what mk. these helmets a

Default Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?

Hey folks id like to share my paratrooper helmets. well what i have so far, and hopefully it will grow :P. I have 1 British and 3 Australian helmets. I'm not to sure what mk. these helmets are as i am not to familiar with these helmets. can some one lead me in the right direction. Any information will me appreciated.

Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?

Very nice and the last one, the Aussie type are very rare, especially over here but probably not common over there either.

If we had a green with envy icon I would post it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Well, actually you have three British helmets & 1 Australian. The steel helmets, all Mk1 HSAT (helmets, steel, airbourne troops) the last two being converted post war by Australia with webbing straps instead of leather.
    The last one, made by Duprite, probably spelt that wrong, is a despatch riders helmet, but was used by Aussie para's in training.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Well, actually you have three British helmets & 1 Australian. The steel helmets, all Mk1 HSAT (helmets, steel, airbourne troops) the last two being converted post war by Australia with webbing straps instead of leather.
    The last one, made by Duprite, probably spelt that wrong, is a despatch riders helmet, but was used by Aussie para's in training.
    Thanks for the info mate! that shows how much I know about them hahha :P When you say they are all Mk1 HSAT, what do you mean by that because there are 2 different style helmets. Are the ones with the bumper band older? I just found the label, and you were right it was made by duperite!
    Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?

Dispatch used as para

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Dispatch used as para
    Cool Picture! Thanks

?

Default Australian Para Helmets

Quote by rundymc View Post
    Are the ones with the bumper band older?
    Yes the fibre rimmed version the Helmet Steel Airborne Troops is the earlier, it was introduced in 1942 and the steel rimmed Helmet Steel Airborne Troops Mk.I wA dopted later that year. The three=point web harness Helmet Steel Airborne Troops Mk.II began to enter service ib late 1943. At some point after the War Australian Helmets Steel Airborne Troops were retrofitted with Mk.II harnesses. Here is a January 1945 photo of Australian paras training with both a Duperite helmet and Helmets Steel Airborne Troops with their original harness. In combat jumps however they used US M-1 Parachutists as these September 1944 shots of 1st Para Btln show.
    Roger

Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?Australian and British paratrooper Helmets?

Thanks for the info guys, I have learnt alot. not bad for finding them in the junk jard

All the Duperite labels ive seen have been red, interesting to see a green one

Quote by wizardman View Post
    All the Duperite labels ive seen have been red, interesting to see a green one
    Has to be a IR pic?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast