Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Australian MkII helmet for review

Article about: Hello, Here are some pictures of my Australian MkII helmet with chin strap lugs dated 1942. It was given to me by my father in law who bought it from a garage sale for the princely sum of \\$1

Great lid, Alex!

Netting looks good to me you could also add a woven one: Australian/US WW2 Jungle Green Helmet Net - Unissued | eBay

Looking forward to add an Aussie lid to my own collection one day

btw. Very kind gesture Luke, nice to see forum member helping each other out.

Cheers, Mads

?

Thanks Mads.

I do really like the look of the woven nets. I think that's the same seller who I got the current net from.

AIF
    ?

Hey Alex I still haven't found the chin strap yet but it's here somewhere I will try and dig it out for you over the weekend.

Cheers Luke.

?

Thanks luke you're a champion

?

Hello everyone,

I have picked up an Australian Shell Dressing and was thinking about adding it to this helmet under the net. I had a look online and couldn't find any pictures of Australians with the dressing in their helmets. Plenty of pictures of British and Canadian. Does anyone have any period pictures of Aussies wearing them under helmet nets?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have picked up an Australian Shell Dressing and was thinking about adding it to this helmet under the net. I had a look online and couldn't find any pictures of Australians with the dressing in their helmets. Plenty of pictures of British and Canadian. Does anyone have any period pictures of Aussies wearing them under helmet nets?

In my reference I've never seen it happen

?

Thanks Rene, I've been on the look out but haven't seen any. Guessing it was just a British/Canadian late war trend.

No Worries Aussies in the late period didn't commonly their wear helmets.

?

Hello all,

AIF (Luke) recently sent me his spare Australian chin strap and I thought I would post some photos of it in its new home. Thanks very much Luke, much appreciated.

Alex
    Australian MkII helmet for reviewAustralian MkII helmet for reviewAustralian MkII helmet for reviewAustralian MkII helmet for review

Great looking lid - the net gives it character......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast