Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Awww......man.....

Article about: by Walkwolf It's probably the only way the guys wife would let him keep it .................. ! I think they took the easy way out and these are actually decals ! Steve I am begining to thin

Default Awww......man.....

It's just sad seeing war relics like this....

I don't mind seeing things recycled, but come on....doing this to a Canadian helmet..?
    You know, putting on the flowers, and Nancy-ing it all up like that..??

Available on eBay if anyone is interested...

UNUSUAL WW II CANADIAN ARMY HEMET CANADA TIN HAT on eBay.ca (item 290439001988 end time 01-Jun-10 21:09:23 EDT)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Awww......man.....   Awww......man.....  

Awww......man.....   Awww......man.....  

Default Re: Awww......man.....

This was probably done just after the war so people wouldnt be thinking of these as something worth collecting, and to be honest I quite like it, its a little bit ironic that something from a violent battle is being used as a hanging basket for peaceful flowers

Thanks

Danny

Good art work on the flowers Shame about the helmet.
    Regards, Simon.

Well...come on, dude...I can understand doing that to other helmets, i think I even saw an m42 on this forum turned into a flower pot

...but a Canadian Lid..>?

putting the flowers on, even all around the brim, and they looks like daisies... albeit well painted...and turning it into a sally boy lid like that....damn.

Speaking for the rest of my countrymen...we do not approve.

No, much easier and less disrespectfull to buy a plant pot or hanging basket and paint that instead.
    Regards, Simon.

I'm with you on that one Simon.

But at the end of the day, its just a helmet....by the looks of things the work on it wasnt done recently so probably just after the war when this kind of thing was thrown out. I still like it none the less, its different and probably tells quite a story

Thanks

Danny

It's probably the only way the guys wife would let him keep it .................. !

I think they took the easy way out and these are actually decals !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thats what I was thinking, I can picture the soldier sitting on the boat or whatever back home wondering how he'll be able to keep the helmet without having to keep it hidden all the time......Bingo! A present for the the wife/girlfriend and being able to keep my helmet two birds with one stone

Thanks

Danny

Man, when you have one present for the wife...and the girlfriend...you will need a helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast