Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Belgian Adrian helmet, how much?

Article about: Went to my local army surplus shop today and came across a couple of Adrian helmets, no liners painted a vivid green. There were labelled French but with a lion badge on one, they must be Be

?

Default Belgian Adrian helmet, how much?

Went to my local army surplus shop today and came across a couple of Adrian helmets, no liners painted a vivid green. There were labelled French but with a lion badge on one, they must be Belgian. No price tag and as I was in a rush I didn't ask.

I fancy one but don't want to overpay. Any suggestions as to a value price? I'll go back tomorrow or after the weekend.

I would like one because whatever their state they are a link to WW2 or maybe even WW1 because I didn't note whether they were early or late. But as I said I don't want to pay a silly price.

I know quite well that the guy in the shop doesn't have a clue as to their origin or value. So I want to go forearmed.

Default Re: Belgian Adrian helmet, how much?

Yes, they are Belgian. I have seen them end at 200 dollars, but in good condition with liner. Maybe 50 dollars? Remember, it is at a surplus store, not a military shop. I believe they were designated M15's.

See here for info:

BÉLGICA

No idea on values, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ok thanks, I'll just have to go an see how much they're asking.

?

As a follow up to my question. I went back to the shop but apparently they are not for sale just display. One is clearly a Belgian M1915 obviously a repainted relic with several holes in it. The other with no badge was in better condition.

Pity! I'll have to get an Adrian somewhere else.