Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Beware these helmets on Ebay

Article about: Hey gents, I hope this is okay to post here, if not please admin delete. I think it should be seen! I'm new to ebay so am unsure if this is normal... but to me it seems to be trickery and sk

Default Beware these helmets on Ebay hidden fees

Hey gents,

I hope this is okay to post here, if not please admin delete. I think it should be seen! I'm new to ebay so am unsure if this is normal... but to me it seems to be trickery and sketchy.

WWII British South African Desert Rats RARE Camouflaged Helmet Afrika Korps | eBay

WWII British North African Desert Italian Theater Camouflaged Helmet 1940 RARE | eBay

I noticed this seller on ebay has been listing his helmets at a starting bid of $0.99 and saying "NO RESERVE" all over the description. However, he also goes on to say that a "added reserve" of $400 or more gets "added on to shipping."

So, your $0.99 bid becomes a $400.99 bid.

They are mostly mk2's, so thought to post it here.

Here's what the description says... kind of weird:

--------

FOR SERIOUS BUYERS: OFFERING AN AUTHENTIC 100% ORIGINAL & DEEPLY RESEARCHED WWII HELMET.
    No Returns or refunds accepted and will provide a tracking number for your parcel as insurance! Thank you very much

SHIPPING: $100.00 USD (RESERVE PRICE: $400.00 USD - ADDED ON SHIPPING PRICE)
    PLACE YOUR BIDS "NO RESERVE PRICE!!!" "NO RESERVE PRICE!!!" "NO RESERVE PRICE!!!" "NO RESERVE PRICE!!!"

---------

Can't comment on the actual authenticity of the lids, but just beware.

Cheers,

Quinn

It's an automatic.... If you see the words "Camouflaged" and "Helmet" together.....apply brakes Immediately and proceed with extreme Caution..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

"desert rats" rare" camouflage" and "afrika korps" all somehow made it into his title..... fishing for someone who ignores the descriptions and thinks they are bidding only $50 when it's really $450.

I am quite sure that he has no doubt already been reported for prohibited listing practices to avoid ebay fees. He's just a newby seller who doesn't want to pay any fees. He won't last long.
    William

That's quite the BS story the seller has to go with his helmet.

SMP
    ?

Must have taken him ages to type out all that bullsh*t

Wow, that is the weirdest listing with hidden fees that I have seen. No comment on the lids as who cares when the postage has such a sting in the tail.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I noticed that his items are listed as being sent from all over the place-from New York to South Africa. The guy sounds like a scammer and a loon. Is amazing that eBay has not pulled his listings.
    William