Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

black MKII for review please!

Article about: Hi guys picked this up recently, this E Camelinat & Co Ltd mkii that is just black, no stenciling. i cant see any evidence of another colour under the paint any ideas? kind regards Ed

Default black MKII for review please!

Hi guys picked this up recently, this E Camelinat & Co Ltd mkii that is just black, no stenciling.
    i cant see any evidence of another colour under the paint any ideas?

kind regards
    Ed

black MKII for review please!black MKII for review please!black MKII for review please!black MKII for review please!black MKII for review please!

?

Has it been repainted black over black.

It has clearly been repainted, though from the pics I can't see the other colour. Look at the lugs and the area around the liner bolt for signs of the overpaint IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Has it been repainted black over black.
    thanks tinlid

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It has clearly been repainted, though from the pics I can't see the other colour. Look at the lugs and the area around the liner bolt for signs of the overpaint IMO.
    thanks jerry, i cant see any signs of another colour, usually as you know it is easy to spot.
    I wonder why it was repainted. Its a shame.

Hi Ed, definitely had a re-paint, most probably post war. As Jerry mentioned the "scaring" where the original larger bolt was is a big give away. Leon.

The dead give away is the remnants of the original paint overpainted on the rim above the makers stamp.But hey its still a 1940 MkII,but as said a shame its been messed with