Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

bought my first British helmet

Article about: yeah I know no pics, but it is in nice shape, I need the help of the experts here, what do I need to look for, #'s, marks, etc, thanks appreciate any advice.

Default bought my first British helmet

yeah I know no pics, but it is in nice shape, I need the help of the experts here, what do I need to look for, #'s, marks, etc, thanks appreciate any advice.

?

Default Re: bought my first British helmet

Hi,
    I take it that it's a MkII, & not the MkIII turtle shaped one. The liner is normally dated on one of the cross bands, sometimes the chin strap securing lugs are dated too.
    The date son the helmet are normally on the inside brim, sometimes at the rear of the helmet, or by the chin strap lugs.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bought my first British helmet   bought my first British helmet  

bought my first British helmet   bought my first British helmet  

bought my first British helmet   bought my first British helmet  

Default Re: bought my first British helmet

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi,
    I take it that it's a MkII, & not the MkIII turtle shaped one. The liner is normally dated on one of the cross bands, sometimes the chin strap securing lugs are dated too.
    The date son the helmet are normally on the inside brim, sometimes at the rear of the helmet, or by the chin strap lugs.
    Aaron
    thanks Aaron, I haven't received it yet, but it looks like the pic you put up, I appreciate your reply, at least the British took time to mark thier helmets, thanks again.

regards Marty