Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brit with green diamond flash

Article about: Hello, I have this salty helmet in my collection and am curious about its green diamond flash. Can anyone provide info on the unit that wore this, and perhaps a little battle history? Thanks

Default Brit with green diamond flash

Hello,

I have this salty helmet in my collection and am curious about its green diamond flash.
    Can anyone provide info on the unit that wore this, and perhaps a little battle history?

Thanks, Mart

Brit with green diamond flashBrit with green diamond flashBrit with green diamond flash
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brit with green diamond flash  

SMP
    ?

No idea what the flash might mean, but it is nice to see a helmet where you don't have to wonder if the net is original to the lid ! Nice helmet !

Sorry all, i posted this in the wrong thread and i dont know how to move it

?

The Green Diamond Flash was used by the Worcestershire Regiment Worcestershire Regiment (29th/36th of Foot) the WW2 timeline can be found under History on their site, nice helmet.

Nice helmet and I like the ghosting of the net.

?

Nice ghosting of the net, & added bonus of a flash too.
    While were on the subject of diamonds, any idea's what this one is for.
    It's blue, maybe purple?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brit with green diamond flash   Brit with green diamond flash  

?

As stated nice helmet body love the ghosting left on the shell from the net.
    Aaron I am of the opinion that the flash on your Mk II is very probably blue and think it has taken on the appearance of purple do to natural wear and aging and the oxidisation of the pigment in the paint I have seen this before on flashed Canadian Mk II helmets .

Regards Mark

?

Yes that is true the Worcesters also used a green flash on the headress. Did a canadian regiment also? I have seen green diamonds also used on NZ berets...
    best wishes,

Oli
    btw Happy New Year!

Hello,

Thanks for the info, i appreciate it! Also I'm glad you like it, this is one of my favorites. I am particularly fond of the "been there,done that"look that this lid possesses.

Have a good day!

Mart

?

Thanks Mart, you too!

Such "been there" helmets certainly have character! I have a rough SA desert MkII acquired from Austria which is in a nice salty condition and may have been a vet bring back.

I am green with envy by the way. I have been searching for a Worcestershire Regiment green diamond helmet for a long time.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast