Brit helmet with ink stamp in crown

Article about: I picked up what I think is a Mk 2 helmet at a yard sale this afternoon. It took me a while to find any markings on the shell. I found a very faint 1941 -- the striking was very light and it

?

Default Brit helmet with ink stamp in crown

I picked up what I think is a Mk 2 helmet at a yard sale this afternoon. It took me a while to find any markings on the shell. I found a very faint 1941 -- the striking was very light and it's barely readable. For the maker, I can make out a faint B and possibly a period after it.

The 1941 date rules out B/Bury's & Co Ltd of Sheffield. I think they only produced shells in WW1.
    BS (William Beardmore Steel Co) is a possibility with the S missing/too faint to see?
    There is enough space for BMB but I can see no evidence of anything after the B

Exterior is tan textured paint over what I presume is the original green interior. Pretty non-descript other than an inked square outline (1.5 x 3 inches) inside the crown with VI and 55 on the first line and an underline with a canted 8R on the second line.

Anyone seen this type of stamp before? I presuming postwar reissue of some type?

I've not found any markings on the liner. Liner is the later Canadian type with two rows of rubber bumpers and deeper liner. Chinstrap is C-broad arrow marked.

Thanks
    Last edited by FtrPlt; 07-17-2016 at 11:17 PM.

?

It's a British post war refurb'.