Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brit Lids

Article about: by aj4010 Thanks.I've seen that one Totenhead, a real old warrior of a helmet. Come to think of it, it would look nice next to mine as a sort of 'before and after' display A lot of history w

?

Default Brit and possible Canadian lids

With things being a little slow over on the M1 forum and to prove I am not just an M1 bloke, I thought I'd show a few of my Brit lids here. There are two Mk3 "D-Day" lids, one with net and shell dressing and one with a unit flash. Both liners are by CCL 1944. The dispatch riders lid I included as it would have been a similar one that my father wore in WW2. He was with 72 Wing, RAF. As it is fiery hot outside right now, i thought the South African desert lid would be appropriate too. It's one of my favorites as it has very nice paint.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids   Brit Lids  

Brit Lids  
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-27-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Brit Lids

Nice stuff! I really need a good wartime British lid to face off with my Germans.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Nice stuff! I really need a good wartime British lid to face off with my Germans.
    Thanks, KradSpam. There are plenty about, and they (mostly) are not that expensive for now.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

good selection of Brit & allied lids.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Thanks.I've seen that one Totenhead, a real old warrior of a helmet. Come to think of it, it would look nice next to mine as a sort of 'before and after' display A lot of history with that one. Nice lid.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    good selection of Brit & allied lids.
    Thanks, Bond. I was burning up in the heat taking the pics, as you probably know..........

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit: Oops, I mean thanks Jerry, sorry Jerry!
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Thanks, Bond. I was burning up in the heat taking the pics, as you probably know..........

Best Regards,

Andy
    Yes, it is roasting here this morning and I have been cutting the lawns, taking pics of the garden and also of some of my items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Some very good helmets here The flash on the mkIII might be the Grenadier Guards.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Some very good helmets here The flash on the mkIII might be the Grenadier Guards.
    Now that would be a bonus, thanks tinlid. I'll check it out. To be truthful I had forgotton it was on there under the net! I always assumed it was an artillery thing, as didn't they use different segments of a circle to denote different units?
    Anyway, I'm off to google for some research!

Best Regards,

Andy

Edit:

Canadian Grenadier Guards?

Google Image Result for http://www.servicepub.com/images/cgg.jpg
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast