Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans helmet group

Article about: Hi everyone, I dont generally collect postwar items but I have this AFV related group that I bought at a car boot sale when I was a teenager. I think I paid about £25 around 20 years ago. It

Default British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans helmet group

Hi everyone, I dont generally collect postwar items but I have this AFV related group that I bought at a car boot sale when I was a teenager. I think I paid about £25 around 20 years ago. It consists of an unidentified armoured vehicle periscope dated 66, an armoured vehicle crewmans helmet/headset from the 70's or 80's, and a 1969 dated S6 gasmask with early 80's accessories. Any comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet group   British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet group  

British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet group   British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet group  

nice grouping douglas im assuming yours is an earlier example to mine as i cant see a chinstrap present ,does yours have side yokes that would support a chinstrap ?,here is my only example ,it has a D stencil front and rear British Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet groupBritish Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet groupBritish Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet groupBritish Armoured Vehicle Crewmans  helmet group

Hi James, thanks for showing me your example and for the photograph of the helmet in wear. My helmet does indeed have those yoke loops and is missing the chinstrap. I really like these helmets.

i like them too douglas and they display really well ,i was told going off the thread i posted of my example the earlier bone domes didn't have chinstraps ,my example is missing the velcro ear cup retainers found externally on each side

Nice lot, here's my '89 dated one unissued

Nice grouping there, and all for twenty quid - what a steal!
    For what it's worth, and apologies if you already know this, the plastic squeezy bottle would have contained a fine powder (nicknamed 'fullers earth') and applied as part of the so-called 'blot bang and rub' decontamination procedure shortly after an attack where chemical agents may or may not be present in the atmosphere. I believe it is supposed to soak up any chemical moisture on kit, equipment and skin. And the detector paper is just that - used like litmus paper.

Quote by Sykes27f View Post
    Nice grouping there, and all for twenty quid - what a steal!
    For what it's worth, and apologies if you already know this, the plastic squeezy bottle would have contained a fine powder (nicknamed 'fullers earth') and applied as part of the so-called 'blot bang and rub' decontamination procedure shortly after an attack where chemical agents may or may not be present in the atmosphere. I believe it is supposed to soak up any chemical moisture on kit, equipment and skin. And the detector paper is just that - used like litmus paper.
    Thanks for that, yes I was aware of this but I am grateful for your comments.

Rene, thanks for showing your example, its most interesting to see a mint one and I didnt know they were being manufactured so late.

Nice grouping. I also have such a helmet and its more modern equivalent. I believe they were nicknamed the "Dan Dare" helmet.