Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

British Army MK2 by flea market

Article about: Hi to all, is increasingly rare, but sometimes on flea markets of my area, you can still find some memory of Italian Campaign. I show the British Army MK2 that I have found. Rough green outs

Default British Army MK2 by flea market

Hi to all,
    is increasingly rare, but sometimes on flea markets of my area, you can still find some memory of Italian Campaign.
    I show the British Army MK2 that I have found.
    Rough green outside, while inside is smooth brown, shell 1940 and liner 1942 dated.
    The peculiar thing is that at the time, the liner was tight on field by cutting the side (photo 11).
    I like it and I hope it's interesting.

greetings
    Roberto

British Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea marketBritish Army MK2 by flea market

?

Nice early war paint scheme, textured khaki green outside, & smooth khaki green in.
    The liner is a smallish size so might have been cut to make bigger, or they would have removed the rubber buffers. 6 3/4 would have had 8 in total.

Thanks Aaron,
    you're right, I had not thought: the liner has been expanded and not tight!

?

Nice find

Hi Roberto, a fine combat MKII helmet, and as Aaron said, it may have been purposely "enlarged". I have heard of vets who removed the rubbers and cut the liner to enable them to wear a woollen hat underneath their helmet during cold winter fighting. Maybe that was the case here. Leon.

Hi Leon,
    I believe that it happened as you say, actually 44/45 winter in the gothic line mountains, must have been very hard!