Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????

Article about: British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet 1944 BMB .3rd pattern para helmet made by BMB dated 1944, generous size 7 3/8 any good you all think..is it WW2..???

Default British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????

British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet 1944 BMB .3rd pattern para helmet made by BMB dated 1944, generous size 7 3/8 any good you all think..is it WW2..???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????   British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????  

British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????   British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????  

British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????   British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????  

British Army WW2 Airborne Helmet ???????  

?

Original WW2 made HSAT, but the outside paint is post war, it should be like the inside dark brown.
    131 engineers were formed in 1947.

Very nice. I once had one the same, 1944 dated, it was dark green paint, not brown.

?

Depends on how late in 44 yours was.

?

First ones, 43 into 44, were khaki green, then dark brown.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    it is a good looking one.i can get it for about $800 is this good for that much or tomuch.thanks

?

Depends if you are after an untouched ww2 issue HSAT, about £600-700. Or you are happy with an ww2 issue HSAT, that has had a life post war, which in this case is nice with the engineers connection, probably £400-500.

Depends if you are after an untouched ww2 issue HSAT, about £600-700. Or you are happy with an ww2 issue HSAT, that has had a life post war, which in this case is nice with the engineers connection, probably £400-500.
    ok i think i will buy it i do think in is nice..thanks

I agree with Mr Lid tho I can't help much re pricing - 'nice piece...and BIG too. The history is nice too...and if you don't like the paintwork a scrim scarf piece will mask (and protect) it!

?

Its interesting that they did the colours in this order because dark Brown was the standard colour for all vehicles and equipment from about 42 to early 44 when the British version of Olive Drab was introduced. Late war Turtle helmets also seem to be painted in a dark green. Looking through the war-time issues of my local paper it was also interesting to note an advert for dark brown service paint being released on the civilian market in late 44. The suggestion being it was no longer required being replaced by green paint.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast