Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet

Article about: The ARP or "Air Raid Precautions" were in charge of civil defence in WW2, ensuring public safety in air raids, enforcing the blackout, etc. Sometimes not a popular person with the

Default British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet

The ARP or "Air Raid Precautions" were in charge of civil defence in WW2, ensuring public safety in air raids, enforcing the blackout, etc. Sometimes not a popular person with the British public if you were fined for showing light at night! But they were respected for the work they did once the "Blitz" started in 1940.

They were issued with the standard Tommy helmet but repainted black. The white stenciled "W" stood for "Warden".

Maker marked and dated "EC & Co. 1939" ( E Camelinat & Co Ltd, Birmingham)

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet   British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet  

British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet   British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet  

Default Re: British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet

A photo of my ARP kit, complete with mask, carry bag, ARP badge, issue goggles and anti-dimming kit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet  

Hi Ade,

Nice lid, great condition..!!

Cheers
    Gaz

Anyone know any ARP collectors who might be interested in this kit? I'm thinking of parting with it for a fair price. It doesn't really fit into what I collect, but it was a hard kit to pass up when I came across it. Includes helmet, mask, goggles, anti-dimming cloth kit and tin, carry bag and ARP badge and whistle! Anyone have an ideas of what a fair price would be for such a kit?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet   British "ARP" Wardens steel helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images

ARP collecter
    ?

Is it still available? I would sure be interested, depending on the price of course.

Ade, Great Lid !
    Rich