MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

british BMB helmet help

Article about: if i were to guess id say this has had a liner and chinstrap replacement? leather chinstrap doesnt seem right for 1943 nor does the brown liner... british helmets arent my strong point so pl

Default british BMB helmet help

if i were to guess id say this has had a liner and chinstrap replacement? leather chinstrap doesnt seem right for 1943 nor does the brown liner... british helmets arent my strong point so please help

british BMB helmet help

Post war Greek refurbed I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yep, post war Greek

Interesting helmet; and not so common as they were about ten years ago either. There's a bit more to these Greek refurbishments than many people believe; there are several variations of the line, and of course the shells could be either UK or South African made (the latter seemingly the more common). There's an interesting small collection to be made around these Greek rebuilds, especially if including the refurbished Greek M34-39, which has the original leather liner replaced with top-mounted brown liner as shown in the example helmet.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Interesting helmet; and not so common as they were about ten years ago either. There's a bit more to these Greek refurbishments than many people believe; there are several variations of the line, and of course the shells could be either UK or South African made (the latter seemingly the more common). There's an interesting small collection to be made around these Greek rebuilds, especially if including the refurbished Greek M34-39, which has the original leather liner replaced with top-mounted brown liner as shown in the example helmet.
    this helmet was also used by the USMC in the 90's for ww1 flag raising reenactments. came with a group of marines stuff. but this helmet will be going up for sale soon. possibly later today on USMF

.: World War Helmets - Casque Mark II :.
    Looks like a Greek one to me!....

Hi,
    i confirm that it is a greek helmet.
    I show a MK1 WW1 reconditioned for Greece the first time in 1938 and then again post WW2, from my collection.

greetings

Roberto

british BMB helmet helpbritish BMB helmet help