Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

British Brodie style helmet

Article about: Hello Everyone, Up for display today is my British Helmet. I do not know if it is a Brodie style nor do I know much about the helmet. There are no markings that I can see. The helmet has a v

Default British Brodie style helmet

Hello Everyone,
    Up for display today is my British Helmet. I do not know if it is a Brodie style nor do I know much about the helmet. There are no markings that I can see. The helmet has a very similar paint scheme as my m-35 German helmet. If anyone knows anything about this type of helmet or how much it is worth, I would be very appreciative! Hope you all enjoy!
    Thaddeus

British Brodie style helmetBritish Brodie style helmetBritish Brodie style helmet

?

Looks to be a WW2 British Mk2, hard to tell if it's original paint done in WW2 or post war refurb'. The liner should be dated on one of the four crossover bands inside. Wet them, which makes it easier to see.

It should also be marked near the chin strap lugs, usually with maker and date. Value is not high compared to your M35, but if it has good original paint then they are going up in value, circa $75-100 for an army example is about right currently I think, though if the paint is camo (I can't tell from the pics) then maybe up to double that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you both for the information. Tomorrow I will look for further markings. Jerry, The paint is a textured green all over the helmet. I will put up more detailed photos tomorrow as well!
    Thaddeus