Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

An interesting picture showing 2 types of nets, one an early woven type & a later large square one with shell dressing.
    Note the two P-types, one is a HSDR the other might be a HSRAC, but both have a face veil/scarf as a net. One tied to the helmet by string, the other looks to be a leather belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Hi Fellow Collectors, here's a one of my Helmets "dressed" in a Repro WW2 net, is this a fairly realistic interpretation of it's type,I welcome your opinions,thanks for looking ,regards Opex.

?

Hey Opex I rather like it my self a great display piece IMO very reminiscent of my Canadian WW II snipers veil/scarf which is unfortunately not quite large enough to display on one of my Mk II's was this purchased from a dealer as I would not mind adding one to my own collection for the purpose of display.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hey Opex I rather like it my self a great display piece IMO very reminiscent of my Canadian WW II snipers veil/scarf which is unfortunately not quite large enough to display on one of my Mk II's was this purchased from a dealer as I would not mind adding one to my own collection for the purpose of display.

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark, many thanks for looking and for your opinion, I got the net from SOF in the UK, and it was described as a authentic repro of the WW2 face veil, this is not my area of expertise, and I actually bought the net to put on a French Mle-51 , and this piece was spare ,so popped it on this helmet.

Thanks again,kind regards

Default Latest Canadian Helmet

Hi Guys

Thought I would show my second Canadian Helmet. It's a CL/C dated 1943 with a VMC size 7 liner dated 1942. The best thing for me is the early woven helmet net which I presume is British and has clearly been a very long time on this helmet, evidenced by the dusty impression it has left on the surface. There are some holes in the net itself and some rust stains on the surface but overall it is in salty condition, which I prefer. The chinstrap still has the canadian War Department imprint.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

?

Nice early net, & helmet.

Nice one thanks for posting

?

A very nice combination indeed and I as well like my helmets and nets to have a little age and patina to them
    You have managed to secure a fairly hard to come by Canadian Mk II in this deal as 1943 was the last production year for Canadian Mk II helmet body and there were only 90,000 of them produced in this time frame.
    Take note of the high steel lot batch number on your example this particular production run was supposed to be completed by years end of 1942 but for some reason the Canadian Motor Lamp Company ( C.L./C. ) were unable to fulfill there contract by years end so some of the helmet bodies had to be carried over to 1943 C.L./C. was the only Canadian helmet producer to use consecutive steel lot batch numbers so by rights in January of 1943 they should have started fresh again with a new succession of steel lot batch numbers starting with the number #1 my own 43 dated example bares the steel lot batch number #10 so IMO an absolute gem of a helmet

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

I added this particular early Canadian woven olive green net to my collection some time ago and thought I had better post it up I know Aaron has seen it once or twice before but they are quite hard to come by and the intricate nature of the weave makes it a very interesting example.
    I has been set on a nice early 1941 dated C.L./C. for the purpose of photography and display.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Last edited by Mark K; 12-29-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add informaation

Thanks Mark for your excellent info on my helmet!

thanks

Ian

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast