Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Looks good James these are the first detailed images I have seen of the net it was sourced through a friend in Canada and carried to the UK and mailed from there.
    I have to say James and I have been doing a fair bit of trading lately and he has sent me some killer items to add to my collection as well I hope to get the opportunity to photograph and post some of it up soon work is just stupid busy the last while .

Regards Mark

thanks again mark it certainly is a cracking lid and the most mint steel helmet in my collection ,as for trading with you ive thoroughly enjoyed it ,genuine items from trusted friends ,you cant go wrong really ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Beautiful example James, I too would be very proud to own one like it, the net look's very efective and I can clearly see the two tone effect

Nice one James I really like the woven two tone.

many thanks gary and mads i truly am proud to show and own such a nice example
    Regards James

?

Nice lids, do you have a mk1 star? If you don't it will compleye any British or allie military collection.

?

Thought I would post up this example of a Canadian two tone net that is nicely scrimmed with green oilcloth (American cloth ) It was miss listed as possible American WW II and sold on E-Bay last night for a shocking $233.49 US . (Jeez I must be sitting on a gold mine with all my examples )
    Although a killer nice net to add to ones collection I stopped bidding at $ 75.00 US a few days back when I realized it was going to get rather silly I wonder if the buyer realized it was Canadian

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

nice netting but silly money mark and well done resisting temptation and pulling the plug on any further bidding
    Regards James

?

It's was all I could do James to stop myself from bidding it would make a nice example but a lot of money IMO.

Regards Mark

SMP
    ?

That e-bay Canadian net is a cracker ! Put it on a MKII para with Canadian provenance and you will quickly forget the price.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast