Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Some close ups would be better, can't make my mind up if it's Canadian or British. The picture of the loose net is Canadian the one on the helmet British.
    Great photo of the Poles in the desert, have'nt seen that picture before so thanks for showing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

Quote by tinlid View Post
    . . . Great photo of the Poles in the desert, have'nt seen that picture before so thanks for showing.
    You’re most welcome. No problem at all.

For the record, from September 1st 1939 to dying days of WW2 in 1945, on land, sea or air, wherever there was fighting going on against the Germans there were Poles there taking part.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Haven't got opportunity to take photos right now, but to me it looks exactly like your helmet photo.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Very rare colour, is it a BMB made shell & are there any dates?
    Hard to see. I see - probably - "MKIII" and "1944" on the shell, I think it is BMB. The liner is signed "CCL XI 1943".
    Piotrek

this thread has turned out to be superb im really enjoying it ,some great lids and nets and some great referance pictures heres a couple of my brit helmets top left and right funny but i prefered my mk111 turtle to have the field dressing on the front thanks james British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

?

Neat collection there & a nice well used net on the MkII. I'm hoping that when the moderators get time they can upgrade this forum & have a few stuck threads that are at the top of the page continually, so instead of having to search tens of pages to find what information you want the important ones are there for people to read. Whether it's nets, para helmets, DR's, combat helmets, or just a list of shell & liner makers.
    Aaron

Hi Aaron, is that a nice way of telling me to stick it? LOL.

This thread is now stuck.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade

NCA
    ?

Heres my early British net on a R.A. flashed Mk2.This net has never been removed and is original to the helmet.

British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets

This Mk.II is ‘as found’, with its original net. I posted this helmet on the forum once before, so apologies for the repeat, but here are some more pics highlighting the net. It was part of the complete soldiers kit found in a named duffel bag that was discovered after sitting intact since the war. I was fortunate to acquire in its entirety and preserve it all together before the PO was about to split it all up for sale. The original owner’s initials are marked on the chin strap, which match the name on the duffel bag. Posted is a picture with the net removed and you can see the ‘shadow’ marks, indicating it was on the helmet likely all those years.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast