Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

A very worn army Mk2 & net, being the knotted type mid to late war I guess. Interestingly the long pull string has been tied around the liner & then tied up. The shell is a J.S.S dated 1940 the liner a T.T.C also 40 dated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Here's a standard Mk3 made by BMB, but what's really nice to see is an early made net instead of the normally seen knotted type.
    As this net has been on there since day dot, it has left an imprint which is not dust or dirt, because even if you tried to wash the imprint off it will never come off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

That Canadian Helmet Looks Really good I'm thinking of buying a helmet with my Xmas Money
    John cool militaria

?

Hi John, It's a British made Mk3 but was worn also by the Canadians, if you get one post it up here
    Aaron.

?

Hi , Tinlid Do you know where i could buy A Helmet used by the British and Canadians preferably the Mk3 ??

And also i see ur a WRF Member so where could i purchase Sten Gun Magazine or a Bren Gun Mag ??
    John cool militaria

?

A few things to look out for when buying an original pairing of helmet & net, look at the imprint left by the net on the shell. Where it has been rubbing onto the shell for so long leaves it quite smooth & shiny. There is also the wear around the net where it touches the rim, & you often see the net has broken around the nut that holds the liner in too. A flatness to the pattern of the net on the crown of the helmet where it has continually been put down time after time is another good sign.
    Here's another army Mk2 dated 41 with an early woven net, it has all of the above apart from wear around the nut & bolt holding the liner in.
    Aaron

?

Here's an Australian unissued net or as all nets should be called camouflage helmet covers. They obviously fit the Mk2 but were also used by the US on there M1's, but I've tried & I can't get it to fit on the M1 helmet.
    The mesh width on these is about an 1" square.

?

Here's a late war/post war net 18"x 18" with a fake label which seem to pop up quite often. The label is to new looking, plus I don't think these nets were made in London. It sold with buy it now for £18.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Unfortunately this ones not mine but a friends, a MkI* with a 37 dated liner. Malta camo' with painted over flash on the side with an early woven net.
    I have a friend who has a Maltese Camo'd MKI, just a shell alas. The Maltese were always issued outdated kit...

?

Evening gentlemen I have just managed to acquire my self a very nice Canadian Two tone camouflage net I do believe it to be in near mint condition
    It is nice to see that the draw string as well looks to be original as it is made from the same two tone colored cotton string as used in the manufacturing process of the cam net .
    This is a welcome addition to my collection and will look good on my MK II with a small field dressing tucked up underneath

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast