Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British desert helmet?

Article about: Its a good thought, thank you. A scorpion had occurred to me, but if so its very, very stylised!

Default British desert helmet?

Hi everyone, reading the last post reminded me to get my own desert helmet looked at. The paint looks pretty authentic to me, but i'd like your opinions. The chin strap is a replacement. The helmet is dated 1940 and the liner 43. But what on earth is the symbol painted on the side? Its in none of my reference books and I don't even know what its supposed to represent. Your opinions will be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British desert helmet?   British desert helmet?  

British desert helmet?   British desert helmet?  

Default Re: British desert helmet?

Looks really good to me. Is the flash Polish perhaps? The red & white colouring reminds me of that nation.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Polish would be a good start, if you post it on the Polish section of the forum you may get a quick response. Other than that its odd, I can't make out what it is supposed to be, eagle?

that has got me stumped the lower part of the insignia looks like a narrow boat

NCA
    ?

Nice helmet.to me the paintwork and divisional flash look spot on.Im sorry but i have no idea what!To me it looks like the head of a bird of prey...

Prehaps Battery command post will know

?

I like it, paint and flash look period done.
    As for what the flash is, I can't make it out either.
    Could be an eagle, hell, could be a parrot with a seed in it's beak, lol.

Brad.

Posted in the Polish section, not Polish. Its a real shame it cant be identified. Thanks for your comments everybody.

NCA
    ?

Someone out there knows...If i ever see it ill be sure to post it on here!

Have you tried this forum? The British Military Badge Forum They cover other allied nations too.

Thank you for that, I will try them.

Is it perhaps a stylised version of the Polish 4th Armoured Regiment which had a scorpion as it's badge?

It probably is not them, but it does sort of look a bit like a scorpions tail arching over its back. Maybe I am just tired as its time for bed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast