Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Dispatch Helmet

Article about: Picked this up the other day. dated 1944.Has the shell been repainted on the exterior?

Default British Dispatch Helmet

Picked this up the other day. dated 1944.Has the shell been repainted on the exterior?

British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet
    British Dispatch Helmet

?

A nice looking Mk I HSDR hard to tell from the images on the exterior color it does appear to be green though these were also durring the post war years for a number of years .

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark. I tried but the lighting just wasn't right to show the paint. In a few of the inside pics you can sere the green come around to rim to the inside. It's not evenly done so that's what was making me think maybe post war repainted. Appears lightly used, it used at all.

?

These HSDR's are getting hard to come by in unissued condition and the price has jumped considerably in the last few years keep an eye out for a set of resistal goggles they were adopted and used by Canadians and Brits alike .
    And with a nice net they do display rather well when they are all gussied up there were a few different variations adopted and used war time the ones in the period images with the natural rubber dust shields are the hardest to source and on the norm suffer from deteriation and break down.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Dispatch Helmet   British Dispatch Helmet  

British Dispatch Helmet   British Dispatch Helmet  

British Dispatch Helmet   British Dispatch Helmet  

Thanks, Mark! Good info and great pics. I might be moving this one as it's not my focus, but before I did I wanted to try and clear up the paint issue.