Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British fire service steel helmets

Article about: i found the afs ww2 lid about 2 wks ago on my local carboot and found the nfs 1 today was there at 5am tho, oh and got a metal tinned box set of band of brothers for £4 so was worth getting

?

Default British fire service steel helmets

i found the afs ww2 lid about 2 wks ago on my local carboot and found the nfs 1 today was there at 5am tho, oh and got a metal tinned box set of band of brothers for £4 so was worth getting up for, forgot to add, the FFB apparently stands for fleetwood fire brigade ,cheers dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British fire service steel helmets   British fire service steel helmets  

British fire service steel helmets   British fire service steel helmets  

Default Re: british fire helmets

Worth the early call Dave, the early bird gets the worm, did you enjoy your Bacon & Eggs?
    Ben

?

yes mate i even thru some toms in thats about all i can cook,, cheers tired now dave

?

The old British helmets after many years have started to come into their own.

.. It wasn't too long ago that everybody was turning their noses up at them, but I've noticed in the last few years how decent examples have started to become thin on the ground !!

G.

?

i agree, i have been looking at these recently and have seen some hit £80 recently on ebay cheers dave

?

I remember picking up a gem of a Britsh helmet in the 1970's ..
    At the time I thought I might as well buy it as an example, .. it was a 1939 dated .. sand finished .. unissued example .... with 1/8th inch net ..
    .. I paid 50p for it in a junk shop !!!

Now I look at that helmet .. and think what a cracking buy it was !!

G.

Believe it or not if you trawl the car boots you can still pick them up for not far off that
    Ben

?

thats why the sscrooge is carbooting i am still gutted about 10 years ago i had about 5 old british helmets that i had kept since being a kid,they were in my loft of my house but when we moved out i was in hospital so missed the actual moving out,my ex left all my helmets and other bits in the loft said it was junk, still wonder if its still there, rgds dave

Hi Dave, British helmets are, like Gary said, finally coming into their own. I would go back to that old house of yours. Knowing you, I think you would be cheeky enough to pull it off and get them back

Cheers, Ade.

UnknownSoldier
    ?

My dad bought 4-5 D-day turtle style helmets (one was black painted with Rescue IIRC on it and one was Blue iwht POLICE across it), for 15 quid at an antiques auction, no one bid and he got them for the reserve, happy me :-)

I also got given quite a few by a neighbour who saved them form being thrown out by a friend. The neighbours 'friend' just put them in the dustbin, like above, saying oh they're just a load of old rubbish!!!!!!! wonder how many have gone that way!

Tom