Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British helmet

Article about: Few picks of what looks to be maybe unissued as no wear to liner, the lace also seems to have never been tied.

?

Default British helmet

Few picks of what looks to be maybe unissued as no wear to liner, the lace also seems to have never been tied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet   British helmet  

British helmet   British helmet  

British helmet  

?

A nice clean example of a Mk2 No.1 for use on the home front, from that same year 1939 they started painting them black.

?

Thanks for the info, is it the paint colour than determines the use as Homefront .As I notice the colour of this helmet is the same as the interiors of some of my army helmets but without the exterior textured paint.
    Last edited by busman; 09-12-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Add info

?

From 38-39 it seems helmets were painted smooth shiny khaki green inside & out, if used by the armed forces it would have had an extra coat added of khaki green textured paint to the outside. For home front use it was left as is.
    But as said, from early 39 Mk2 No1's for use on the home front were painted black. Armed forces helmets carried on being painted textured khaki green outside & smooth inside until some when in 41 when they started painting them textured inside & out.

Hi,
    if it may be interesting, this is one of the same type, but with liner 2nd model.
    Shell and liner are marked 1940.

cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet   British helmet  

?

Really great condition, near mint

great example and welcome to the gold club

Superb! A cracking example of a Home Front helmet. Leon.

Thank you all,
    I'm glad you liked it.

See you soon.

?

Thanks for the welcome, Harry the mole pointed me in the right direction towards the club. About time I put something back for all the help and advise I have had over the last few years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast