Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British Helmet............ Help needed please.

Article about: Hi all Could anybody shed some light of the details of this helmet please?

Default British Helmet............ Help needed please.

British Helmet............ Help needed please.British Helmet............ Help needed please.British Helmet............ Help needed please.

Hi all

Could anybody shed some light of the details of this helmet please?

Looks very appealing, 1939 dated MKII with MKI liner and circa WWII decal flash for the Queens Royal West Surrey regiment. If all period done it is a very nice helmet. These early dated flashed helmets are sometimes home guard used.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 01-09-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The date on the shell says 1939, does it all tie up to be original? Many thanks for your help

Quote by Ringo1969 View Post
    The date on the shell says 1939, does it all tie up to be original? Many thanks for your help
    A typo on the date by me.

It looks good from the pics and I see no reason to doubt it so far and a very nice lid if it is all good.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Awesome thank you

?

It looks great, just one thing though, around the flash the paint seems smooth, while the rest of the helmet is heavy textured paint.I wonder if it was painted around or was exposed, either way it's one that is on my wanted list if you ever want to sell.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    just one thing though, around the flash the paint seems smooth, while the rest of the helmet is heavy textured paint.I wonder if it was painted around or was exposed
    This method of painting You can find in Chris Armold's book, "Steel pots, v.2", p.10. He writes about American Helmets, but take a look on my British MkI helmet - it looks very similar.
    Piotrek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Helmet............ Help needed please.  

NCA
    ?

That is one nice lid.I reckon the texturing was chipped off so the decal could be added.I have an R.A. flashed lid with just the same sort of thing.

Btw..like the stash of Division patches in the backround!

British Helmet............ Help needed please.British Helmet............ Help needed please.

Hi, a nice and pretty scarce flashed helmet, well done. Leon.