Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Helmet & Liner Help Please

Article about: I picked this up today in a group of helmets purchased. I have not ever seen a liner like it before. I asked a few other folks at the show and they could not ID either. I believe the helmet

Default British Helmet & Liner Help Please

I picked this up today in a group of helmets purchased. I have not ever seen a liner like it before. I asked a few other folks at the show and they could not ID either. I believe the helmet shell is a 1939 dated shell made by Rubery Owen & Co. Ltd., I believe their first year of production. The chin strap looks like a parade type chinstrap. I have not taken out the liner yet. Any help is appreciated.
    John

British Helmet & Liner Help PleaseBritish Helmet & Liner Help PleaseBritish Helmet & Liner Help PleaseBritish Helmet & Liner Help Please

?

The liner is Greek, I think, the shell was given to them by the British postwar, if I can remember correctly...
    --------------
    This is a thread on these Greek Mk2 helmet.

?

Ethan is correct, Greek postwar refurbish. They picked up a lot of Commonwealth helmets, stripped them, repainted them put on their liner and straps. All Greek helmets have this weird dint when they put in the bolt, it is like they put in the bolt, hammered it down causing a dent. Still a nice helmet and you can find both South African and MkI* Greek refurbs often.

Thank you Ethan & M.E.E for the info and the thread info, much appreciated.
    John