Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British helmet mk2 early army?

Article about: Hi friends, i have just found a nice early mk2, but was wondering about the paint. It is nicely dated 1939. (Liner is BMB 1940). It is smooth dark khaki inside, but also outside? Is this cor

?

Default British helmet mk2 early army?

Hi friends, i have just found a nice early mk2, but was wondering about the paint.
    It is nicely dated 1939. (Liner is BMB 1940). It is smooth dark khaki inside, but also outside? Is this correct do you think?
    Many thanks as always, Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet mk2 early army?   British helmet mk2 early army?  

British helmet mk2 early army?   British helmet mk2 early army?  

British helmet mk2 early army?  

?

Original paint, but being smooth outside as a general rule would have been used on the home front.

...what he said :-)

?

Thank you comrades, great stuff as always. I just wonder looking under a different light if it is actually smooth, or if there is a texture, or if its just rust emerging!!
    I've tried to capture in pics under a light - what so you think? Would the texture normally be very heavy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet mk2 early army?   British helmet mk2 early army?  

?

I think it's just rust coming through, if you look at the rim which is stainless steel, the paint is smooth.

....what he said.....

seriously.....there's nowt wrong with a Home Fronter...all this focus on Army stuff....they're green...greeny greeny green...Home Fronters CAN also be green..but they're white and black and grey and blue and have stripes and diamonds and stars and bars and hoops and letters and words......and stuff...... (convinced yet?) :-)

?

thank you very much chaps, no problem at all with home fronters - honest!
    still learning about all the different paints, textures etc thats all...
    Just quickly found this pic of a 39 army - nothing like mine!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet mk2 early army?  

Yep...THAT'S textured.....

?

That one has had a repaint Shaune, here's what a 39 army should look like.
    The other one is for Mr Bakelite.

Charming! :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast