Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

British Helmet Net Needed

Article about: Have been looking into these nets & what I think you have on your helmet is maybe a post war S.A. net. Note how the open circle around the top where the net attaches, the net can slide a

Default British Helmet Net Needed

Does anyone have an example of this type of net available for sale? If so please advise via PM. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: British Helmet Net Needed

Or does anyone know where I might find one?

?

There are 2 nets that look like yours, east german or a ww2 new zealand net. Do you know what country it comes from?
    Aaron

I am assuming that it is WW2 New Zealand. These nets were used by the Poles in N. Africa and Italy (see attached photos of WW2 Polish forces) and as I collect Polish exile helmets of WW2 it would be nice to have a couple of these. Thanks to anyone for any help you can provide.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1646.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	233043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1689.jpg 
Views:	1628 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	233044  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello,

What is the insignia paint on this helmet ?

regards

seb

Don't know; sorry. It is from a British regiment. I only know about Polish Exile helmets, but I am sure that other forum members will be able to identify it.

?

Have just spoken to someone who knows a lot about WW2 helmets & nets, & he said it was an South African net. Whether they issued the New zealanders these nets while in the desert & then they passed them onto the Poles, or whether the SA's gave them to the Poles I don't know.
    Aaron

You can find british nets for helmets from Varusteleka , just click the british flag on the top right to change the site to english language.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Have just spoken to someone who knows a lot about WW2 helmets & nets, & he said it was an South African net. Whether they issued the New zealanders these nets while in the desert & then they passed them onto the Poles, or whether the SA's gave them to the Poles I don't know.
    Aaron
    OK thanks -- that makes sense, as some of the Poles also were issued with South African Tommy Helmets.

Quote by Zuken View Post
    You can find british nets for helmets from Varusteleka , just click the british flag on the top right to change the site to english language.
    Thanks .. Great site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast