Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help

Article about: members often ask about current prices of their displayed items. my mark 2 helmet just sold on ebay for over \\$300.00. i still do not know why my paratrooper shown in my post on this site is

Default British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help

This is a mark 2 helmet dated 1941. I have attached ear flaps held with the same brown laces loosely attached to the helmet. Is this authentic. Information and comments welcome please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help   British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help  

British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help   British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help  

British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help   British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help  

Default Re: British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help

looks good to me.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Default Re: British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help

Hi,
    You can sleep soundly tonight, that's a great looking helmet, every thing is as it should be It's called a scrum, the earphones go into them. There just starting to be appreiciated a bit now & the prices too. The Canadians also had there own one as well.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help   British mark 2 tanker helmet-mint? But with unusual ear communication flaps? Help  

Thank you so much. I see that the helmet that looks like mine has the same laces in the same color. That is very reassuring to me tin lid

?

Hi,
    Has yours got the paper label inside as well.
    Helmets Ltd,Wheathampstead, 1940. Here also is a WW2 picture I have of them being used.
    Aaron

thank you for your reply and the pics. i went to the rac depot as an officer cadet and it brings back memories. i drove the daimler scout car and my son has the picture and i will have to look what helmet that i wore. it would be 1947 so it could be a mark 1 or 2.
    i hate to part with my keepsakes but tempus fugit and i need the space. it's on the same popular auction site for the masses and ends this saturday.

yes it does have the same piece of paper with wheathamstead and 1941 date.

?

I believe that Helmets Ltd is still going to this day, i used to sell abrasives and cutting compound to them, they have a display of all the helmets they have made up to present which i think includes these shown , firemans helmets and even pilots for the RAF Modern ones of course

?

Hi, I saw it was for sale, which is a shame, but needs must. As for MkI or MkII, I only think there was a MkI. Mistakenly the Canadian type is called the MkII, both Countries only had that the 1 type. Then they went over to the steel RAC helmet.
    Aaron

thank you Aaron.appantly the british and canadians shared helmets. i have a mk 2 paratrooper for sale on ebay right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast