Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)

Article about: Hi guys dug out another helmet from my 80 plus collection which I am slowly but surely getting them all up on here for you to view This helmet is a mark 2C which was rejected For use by the

Default British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)

Hi guys dug out another helmet from my 80 plus collection which I am slowly but surely getting them all up on here for you to view This helmet is a mark 2C which was rejected For use by the army and recycled for civil defence. The helmet has the 3 holes drilled in to the brim by the chin straps which is how to identify this as a 2C. The helmet was manufactured in 1940 with the maker mark F&L (Fisher & Ludlow Birmingham). The liner has a size 7 pressed into the liner and also present is a the broad arrow enclosed in the letter C which is a Canadian mark. There are 2 layers of paint present on this helmet the first being the light blue associated with CD helmets you see it a lot on zuckerman helmets. It has been over painted with a khaki colour paint (home guard use?). There is a number 7 painted in yellow on the inside again size 7. Would love an opinion is on this guys and thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)   British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)  

British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)   British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)  

?

Original factory finish in grey,so maybe the repaint is for the home guard, or the colour the owner just wanted. The C^ on the liner is a quality control/acceptance stamp. Nice original piece.

Thanks tinlid I couldn't find any maker mark on the liner so it's a quality control mark? Thanks for that bit of info its most appreciated.

?

The date is normally by the size number,7. Wet it to make it show up more.

?

I have a F&L helmet with the same mark on the liner, it wasn't until I removed the liner and gave it a clean that I saw JCS & W Ltd. stamped on the liner so as Aaron says, wet it and it'll probably show up more.

Tony

Took out the liner cleaned it all down and absolutely nothing. Just the broad arrow and the size 7 stamp. Is this unusual?

?

Don't know, I only have 3 MKII's, not marked on the top side of the liner is it?

I got lots of MkII's and all maker marked on the liners don't know why I didn't notice until now on this one.

Hello everyone,
    beautiful and original your helmet, here are the picture of a MK2C Home Guard as your; shell and liner are BMB size 7. Strange and particular camouflage done at the time, anyone can give me some more information?
    greeting

Roberto

British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)British Mark 2C helmet (home guard?)

That's an interesting paint scheme but I know nothing about it. There maybe others on here who can help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast