British marked helmet

Article about: Hi , could anyone help me ID this helmet , I'm thinking civil? I know DC was district commissioner but not sure on this one Thanks

?

Default British marked helmet

Hi , could anyone help me ID this helmet , I'm thinking civil? I know DC was district commissioner but not sure on this one

Thanks

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	1001022  

...actually "DC" was "Decontamination" (Gas Service). I've not come across "NC" before as an official position/rank/role but there were hundreds if not thousands. A lot of these unknown helmets are from Factories / Companies....a lot of which no longer exist....so we may never know. What I like though is the suggestions re what it is....everyone has a view......

Hi, a nice early tan Home Front helmet, I have no idea what the NC may have stood for other than the obvious Nottingham Council type offerings! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway