Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

British Mk 1 Relic

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors ,here's a British Mk 1 Relic which I have displayed hanging on a wall in my kitchen, it certainly is a talking point for visitors! Unfortunately most of the rim is missi

?

Default British Mk 1 Relic

Hi Fellow Collectors ,here's a British Mk 1 Relic which I have displayed hanging on a wall in my kitchen, it certainly is a talking point for visitors!

Unfortunately most of the rim is missing, but there is remnants of the textured finish which if memory serves me correctly was applied in France at that time,there is also a triangle shaped unit insignia on the front of the shell, and a manufacturers stamp on the inside rim MLS . Feel free to comment and thanks for looking,Opex.

British Mk 1 Relic
    British Mk 1 Relic
    British Mk 1 Relic
    British Mk 1 Relic
    British Mk 1 Relic
    British Mk 1 Relic

I have one in a similar state, cool to see yours. MLS is an unknown maker I think, though could be a variation of J&J Maxfield.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I have one in a similar state, cool to see yours. MLS is an unknown maker I think, though could be a variation of J&J Maxfield.

Hi Jerry, many thanks for looking and for the information on the maker, I have previously carried out an extensive search on-line and could not find MLS listed as a maker of these helmets, I will check out J&J Maxfield, thank you again.

Opex.

Maxfield just used a M as their mark so it could be an unknown supplier using LS with Maxfield as the maker.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice relic, the Haselgrove/Radovic book has MLS listed as Miris Ltd, Sheffield.

?

Is the shell magnetic?
    Piotrek

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Nice relic, the Haselgrove/Radovic book has MLS listed as Miris Ltd, Sheffield.

Many thanks Tinhat, excellent information shared, I really must invest in some more reference books on these subjects.

?

Quote by ppp p View Post
    Is the shell magnetic?
    Piotrek
    That's a very interesting question, to be honest I have absolutely no idea?

I will check it out, and let you know.