Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?

Article about: Hi, Annoyed from this ads?   I'ld buy this Mk.2 helmet with sand color, but before I need your opinion, The liner is marked 1940, but the paint covers the mark on the shell. It was foun

Default British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?

Hi,
    I'ld buy this Mk.2 helmet with sand color, but before I need your opinion, The liner is marked 1940, but the paint covers the mark on the shell.
    It was found in Italy, what do you think? Can be an original ww2 helmet with original (Africa or Italy) color?

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?   British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?  

British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?   British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?  

British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?   British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?  

I'd take it either way, it looks to have stacking storage wear. the strap has to be a replacement

Tanks Rene', others opinion ? It can ne african or italian front?

Let me know...

Parti san

?

Really wish the images were better IMO it does stand a very good chance though there are a few tells that I can see that point to the shell either being an early production British Mk II and or a Canadian Mk II such as the clipped corners on the chinstrap retaining lugs,stainless steel rim, semi flattened chinstrap retaining lug rivets as seen on Mk II's produced by C.L./C..
    If it were a British I would expect to see textured paint on the exterior of the shell though.
    You mention the liner is 1940 dated any ideal who the manufacturer was it should be on one of the liner cross bands just my two cents worth will be interesting to see what others have to say.
    Here are a few images of my 1942 dated C.L./C. over painted in desert tan for comparison showing the retaining lugs,rivets and tan colored paint.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?   British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?  

British MK. II Afrika or Italy helmet?  

Worth buying if the price is good, but hard to be really certain from the out of focus pictures as to when it was painted, and it looks to have some age to it, though it could be post was reused by Egypt, Israel or whoever.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

here is an expl. of a South-African one - that I was going to get - it's still available, so I might actually buy it...

British tropical mkII helmet?

Could be an original field paint job, looks like the liner wasnt removed before painting (which is usually a good sign) but try to get better photos. One photo of the bolt would be nice.

Shell should be 1939 dated.
    Last edited by Shadwellarmy; 11-18-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Hallo, I've never seen this colour in helmets finded in Italy. This helmet have a jellow paint outside and all inside and this is no good for Italian front. For me is a post war use. Ciao!

SMP
    ?

I can understand the outside being camouflaged, but why would they camouflage the inside of the helmet ?

?

Looks to be just the inside brim that has been repainted, lighting not good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast