Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Mk II pricing.

Article about: The website is mine, I've had it about 2 years. It gives me another dimention to just collecting British helmets. Aaron

Default British Mk II pricing.

I have found a great website for these helmets but it is in England and I would have to pay in euros. Would 70 euros be a fair price for this helmet with a WW2 British net it would cost me 90 U.S dollars without shipping and you know thats going to be expensive. The helmet is dated 1943.British Mk II pricing.

Default Re: British Mk II pricing.

I tried to post the picture of the liner but when I click on it I get this picture again. But the liner and chinstrap are in good condition.

?

Are you sure it's Euro as in €. It's just that the British use the pound sterling = £ which at £70 would make it more expensive again, over a hundred dollars? I'm no expert but that would seem high for a mid war helmet. The early war versions are getting more expensive and rarer. I've been trying to get one for a while now.

Quote by noelh View Post
    Are you sure it's Euro as in €. It's just that the British use the pound sterling = £ which at £70 would make it more expensive again, over a hundred dollars? I'm no expert but that would seem high for a mid war helmet. The early war versions are getting more expensive and rarer. I've been trying to get one for a while now.
    Im not sure it might be in pounds heres the website link. WW2 British Helmets

It is £50 so that is probably the 70 euros you mention, though the net is another £20 so perhaps you have just confused the £ & euro symbols.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

actually I was thinking about buying a net for it on the same site for 20 pounds which I thought was euros. So this might be to expensive for me also I noticed my keyboard does not have the symbol for pounds or euros.

?

Ah yes it is pounds. The helmet is £50 and I see a net goes for £20 which is where you get the £70. I have to say £20 seems to be a bit high for a net. I picked up several off ebay for a lot less. £50 seems fair enough for the helmet though.

The mkI* for £85 seems like a good buy, though I am not up on what they go for.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The mkI* for £85 seems like a good buy, though I am not up on what they go for.
    That was my first choice I really like helmets that have seen use in multiple wars. The seller said he shipped a helmet to Canada for 29 pounds so that means the mk1* would cost me at least 189 usd and I don't think its worth that much.

I think they command a good price and they are the type that were used in the early war period by the BEF for instance, a nice helmet if your collecting British combat helmets. I'm almost tempted to buy it, but my focus is on other items at this time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast