Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British MK2 camo? I need opinios...

Article about: Hi, in your opinion can be a really camo mk2 helmet? Thanks in advanced partisan

Default British MK2 camo? I need opinios...

Hi,
    in your opinion can be a really camo mk2 helmet?

Thanks in advanced
    partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK2 camo? I need opinios...   British MK2 camo? I need opinios...  

British MK2 camo? I need opinios...  

Hi, looks as though the green paint is over the top of some previous deep scratches and chips to me. Not a cammo I would be confident in personally. Leon.

Looks like it was done later to me I would think the outer of the shell would have the same rust as the inner part of the helmet

Whilst I agree it does not appear to be a period done camo, I see no problem with camo paint over the top of scratches etc as these helmets would in many cases not be brand new when camoed.

Paint over long term rust is another matter.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you very much guys, your opinions are very clear and precise!

partisan

I have for a long time wondered why people suspect a fake when they see camouflage applied over a scratched/scuffed helmet. Although in this case the paint certainly looks much fresher than the original finish. Don't write off helmets as fakes just because of the application of a camouflage scheme over the top of imperfections.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Whilst I agree it does not appear to be a period done camo, I see no problem with camo paint over the top of scratches etc as these helmets would in many cases not be brand new when camoed.

Paint over long term rust is another matter.
    Jerry, of course you are right, but ( there's always a but ) , there will still be a correlation of wear to the later cammo addition. If that is not evident then I personally see no reason for the "cammo" being period as I have never come across a well used combat helmet that was subsequently " cammo'd" only to be placed on a desk jockeys side board and left unscathed by the rigours of war. Leon.